Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Branford Marsalis rocks!

I'm trying to get caught up on my blogging. So I had to tell about the AWESOME Branford Marsalis concert the other night. He played with the Philarmonia Brasileira. I have to say that I was interested in his jump from jazz to classical-he really did a great job...not very many saxophonist can successfully make that jump. He had a nice dark,rich tambre and the music was beautifully interpreted. Kendall and I are such music nerds. He played a piece that I've played ("Fantasia" by Villas Lobos) and the "Scaramouch" (by Darius Milhaud) which Kendall has played, which delighted us to no ends. Afterwards, we had dinner in some waffehoushish type place in 5 points. We were in our concert black and got all sorts of funny stares.

No comments: